Pangani is situated about 50 km south of Tanga, at the extreme Northeastern corner of Tanzania. Several historical sites serve as reminders for the strong Arabic influence and the later German, British colonial period in East Africa.
Pangani is the land of historical Swahili and Arab culture existing today. The historic town of Pangani lies along the coastline of the sparkling blue waters of the Indian Ocean. Coral reefs and white sand beaches are some of the natural treasures which await discovery but equally fascinating is the rich culture and tradition which can be experienced with local people.
In Pangani we offer you:
- Guided walking tours of Pangani town passing through historical buildings which show the Arabic coastal influence
- Visits to a former slave labor camps and slave market site
- Excursions on a fishing boat with fisherman at work
- River cruises through the vast coconut plantations of Pangani
- Chance to snorkel on attractive coral where huge sea turtles roam
- Tour to Mangrove forests, Cycling and Swimming in the Indian Ocean.
- Tour studies for marine ecosystem.
Social evening tours can be arranged according to your interests. Dolphins at Maziwe Island, beaches and game reserves, hippo pools and green turtles at Madete shall be added to your tours schedule on request.